Griffin III vs. Luck
- First of all, if you can look at the charts for Robert Griffin III and Andrew Luck above and find a reason that Luck should be ahead of Griffin on anyone's ballot, please let me know. This is a collegiate award, not the NFL draft.
- RGIII completed 2.4% more of his passes than did Andrew Luck against a slate of defenses that allowed 0.7% fewer completions.
- He averaged nearly 90 yards more than each Baylor opponent allowed otherwise, Luck only threw for 33 more yards that Stanford opponents were allowing on average.
- Furthermore, Luck's explosive passes (10+, 20+, etc) were basically in line with his opponents' season totals, he had one extra 10 yard completion per game, while RGIII bettered each of the Baylor opponents' season numbers in over 3 fewer attempts per game.
- Opponents were half as likely to intercept Griffin as other quarterbacks they faced; Stanford opponents intercepted Luck at a nearly identical rate to the rest of their schedules.
- I didn't include Griffin or Luck's rushing totals here, but feel free to take a look at those on your own - they are heavily slanted in Griffin's favor.