Andrus Peat is officially a member of the New Orleans Saints after being taken with the 13th pick overall in the 2015 NFL Draft.
Peat was widely considered to be the best offensive tackle in this class but he was not the first offensive tackle tacking with the Washington Redskins Selecting Brandon Scherff out of Iowa University with the 5th overall pick. The New York Giants then passed on Andrus Peat by selecting offensive tackle Ereck Flowers out of Miami University.
Here is what The Saints will be getting with Andrus Peat -
"At 6-foot-7, 313 pounds, Peat can turn all that size into brute force when run blocking, but is still nimble enough to be a good pass blocker. He'll need to work on his pass-blocking ability to counter the speed of NFL edge rushers, but expect him to be successful at the next level."
SB Nation's New York Giants blog- Big Blue View:
- Outstanding build. Looks every bit the part at 6-foot-7, 313 pounds. Great arm length at 34 3/8", and powerful lower base.
- Quickest offensive lineman off the snap in the draft.
- Anchors very well in pass protection and feet are good enough to mirror and keep up with elite rushers.
- Rare athleticism and it shows any time he goes downfield.
- Understands leverage and rarely allows the defender to get arms underneath shoulder pads and control him
- Run blocking is good, but not elite.
- Speed rushers will get the best of him sometimes if they've got good bend
- Underwhelming at first contact. If the defender fends off first punch, better chance to succeed."
Best of luck to true Stanford Man, Andrus Peat!