- Washington- With the best record in the conference the Huskies stay at the top for at least one more week, but their spot looks shaky. Jake Browning was under a lot of pressure and made poor mistakes while USC clogged up their running game. Washington State has a perfect conference record and is breathing down the neck of the Huskies. The pressure is on for this team.
- Washington State- This team jumps out to big leads in the first half and then lets opponents flounder in the second half trying to come back. Luke Falk threw for five touchdowns and 378 yards while getting seven receivers multiple catches. Their offensive attack is overwhelming and with the only perfect conference record in the PAC-12, it was difficult putting them number two.
- USC- Some may say this is an over reaction to an upset victory. However, going on the road and dominating a top four team in college football is not an upset. That is a better team coming in and showing everyone who they are. They wreaked the Huskies offensive line for three sacks, six tackles for loss and six passes defended, which helped Adoree’ Jackson get his two picks. While Sam Darnold did throw a pair of picks, he also threw two touchdowns and 287 yards also putting together late scoring drives to seal the game. Ronald Jones II had 93 yards and a touchdown and they never let the Huskies get back into the game.
- Utah- They put up 49 points on a weak Sun Devils team and beat up on a team they were supposed to beat up on. With Colorado and USC in the mix, every conference win is important and this Utah team has defiantly been the most consistent team in the conference throughout the entire year.
- Colorado- A great win over Arizona keeps the Buffaloes in a tenuous lead over USC and Arizona, two teams hot on their heels. Unfortunately for Colorado, they play Washington State while Utah plays Oregon and USC plays UCLA. They need to beat the Cougars to win the South.
- Stanford- Christian McCaffrey is healthy and Keller Chryst looks fully ingrained into the offensive system. While it is important to keep in mind that they beat up a bad Ducks team, the Cardinal do look like they are returning to their top level form.
- California- Davis Webb attempted 53 passes again and is going to be worn out before he has a chance to make the next level. Yet again inability to rush the passer and a weak secondary give up a big lead early and never gives the offense a shot. When there is more pressure on the offense they are forced into more risk and are more turnover prone.
- Arizona State- The Sun Devils are in the same boat as Cal, except they have also had less constant quarterback play. Both started out hot and are now screeching to the bottom.
- UCLA- They finally get a win with Rosen out, yes it was Oregon State but this was a game that UCLA finally had some semblance of a running game. They rushed for three touchdowns and Mike Fafaul had 281 passing yards. Not much in this win but it is something to help with a nasty ending to the season.
- Oregon- I cannot help myself, there needs to be one more Ducks defense rant. We all knew they were subpar but they just made Keller Chryst look like Brett Favre. Time will tell if he is good or if he is the real deal. Never the less they could not stop McCaffrey in a loaded box, nor could they actually stand up to the passing attack when they put the game on Chryst. There is no helping this defensive unit.
- Oregon State- After some solid weeks this team finally came down to earth in a bad loss to a UCLA team that has been reeling from the Josh Rosen loss for weeks. This was one they could have stolen but failed. It was a nice stretch fro a young roster while it lasted.
- Arizona- Injuries, mental errors, players out of usual position, the same problems that have hurt this team all season. They have been mailing it in for weeks and are limping to the end of the season.
Follow us on Social Media: