Stanford University is one of the best academic and athletic schools in the country and there is no offseason when you strive to be the best. I understand many of us get busy with our daily lives but if you haven’t had a chance to catch up on your Stanford news of late, let me give you a recap on what’s been going on and a few things you should check out in the near future.
First off, let’s give a shout out to the class of 2020. Those lucky 2,063 high school students were offered admission to Stanford University a few weeks ago and they were carefully selected out of almost 44,000 candidates. The stat that was more mind-blowing than less than 5% of applicants getting accepted was Stanford will have a student from all 50 states and 76 different countries.
There have been plenty of exciting things going on outside of the classroom as well:
- Last Friday, Stanford’s women’s beach volleyball won 5-0 and 4-1.
- Women’s Golf is currently ranked 3rd in the country and broke an 18-hole scoring record and is being led by freshman sensation Andrea Lee.
- Men’s volleyball begins its quest for a national title this Saturday as they take on #3 BYU. BYU has beaten Stanford by a combined score of 6-1 this year so it would a huge upset.
- If you’re in the Stanford area in the next two weeks, women’s lacrosse will host Fresno State, Oregon, USC, and San Diego State and the 15-1 women’s tennis team will host the Washington schools this Friday and Saturday.
- If you haven’t heard, Stanford baseball legend Mark Marquess is coaching his #FinalSeas9n on the farm and the team is trying to send him off with a championship. The baseball team is halfway through the season and is 17-10 and has been a top-25 team all season. Barring any changes due to weather, Stanford will host UCLA this Thursday-Saturday game will be a 4pm start which means you have plenty of time for……
- STANFORD FOOTBALL!!! The boys are back in action as Stanford will have its Spring Game at Cagan Stadium (soccer stadium) at 1pm. There will be food, activities, autograph sessions, and more.
- DON’T FORGET ABOUT WOMEN’S WATER POLO AND SOFTBALL TOO!!! It’s going to be a CARDINALPALOOZA!!!